Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Artist Way

I feel that I will be transferred back to my hometown. I think that is a cheap way to get rid of me by the company. But then again I may be offered a better position perhaps in China to make use of my experience. I think that I have been doing well in my past performance, which should now help me. I think I have lost some passion in my work and I am reading an excellent book called "The Artist Way at Work.’ It has some good ideas on getting back my passion. I have been attending office seminars on the new tools and I think it will be helping me a lot in case I get the boot and need to look for another job.

This may be the worst outcome that could happen but I have some cards to play to stay in the country with my recent purchase of my home and my quest to get citizenship. I hope to use this to negotiate a better deal in case I am requested to transfer. Of course this would be base negotiation base in case I need to negotiate for the package. I think looking for another job will not be such a bad thing especially now that I have kept myself relevant by attending courses and seminars. Maybe it will lead to something good. Sad that it would come this way since I have been happily in this industry for roughly 18 years.

I no longer feel the anxiety which I had felt a few months back since the company announced its plan. I have tried to prepare myself psychologically by posting my resume on the online job market and I have been regularly checking the want ads. At least I know what is out there and I try to plan accordingly. I attended a free seminar on stock and index warrants and seems to be an attractive way to earn some money. With the correction in the stock markets recently, my meager investments have plummeted a little. I hope the market recovery comes some and I can liquidate some of my positions. I think the wisest thing to do is invest in ETFs that track a stock index as the best conservative investment.

There are still a lot of rumors swirling around in the office and a few people like my close friends are starting to get sarcastic. They feel that there will be a significant announcement at the end of March when our global head will be in the regional office. There is an expectation of a significant announcement and my good friend seems to fear for the worst and often would like to drown or forget his anxieties by going to a pub. I want to control my expenses so I try to avoid going out with him although our past pub-crawling has been fun.

I will soon finish my communication course this March after having completed my 10 projects. I plan to use the topic of transformation in my last project. It will be a fitting subject that will also herald my current state. If I go to a new job or get transferred out, then I really have been transformed to a new state of being.

No comments: