Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Meeting challenge


I have the a meeting with the boss man tomorrow morning. It is our monthly session. Philip invited the other managers to attend. I don't feel very worried because I met with each of them in the past weeks. It will be the first time I would meet with them again since last year where we had a few unpleasant moment. Now I hope it will be different after initiating more meetings since last March to improve our communication. Today I will meet with them again for just a few minutes to touch base so I can avoid any embarrassing moments tomorrow.

I don't know why Philip invited the other managers. It is not part of our monthly sessions. Originally it was scheduled during the boss man's weekly meeting with his managers. We hold a separate session for our area with him and don't mix the two. The series of meetings that I have initiated is a working meeting where and plan and thresh out issues. So tomorrow will be more like a reporting session to see if anything was missed.

Philip's invitation to the manager set me thinking again. Did the boss man instruct him to do it? Or did my rival persuaded him to do so? Or maybe it was Philip himself as he is not part of the regular sessions with the managers? I think he will not send out the invitation unless someone urged him to do it. But it will be a test of sorts to check if the regular sessions with the managers is improving the communication. I still need to complete and plan out the meeting for tomorrow. The presentations have to be completed by today.

I attach a map of the book 'The New Alchemist' by Charles Handy. I made it long ago to remind myself of the features that bring about change.

No comments: