Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Condolence to VT families


Sad news on the massacre at Virginia Tech. I think that it shows that we all have to develop coping mechanism to help overcome our problems or inner anxieties. I know how inner paranoia and turmoil can sometimes flip a person over the edge. Writing a blog or journal has, believe or not, helped me cope with the pressures at the office. It is simple and engaging activity if done every day.

Another way that I find useful is to use visual thinking tools like creating idea maps. It clarifies complex ideas by making associations to different concepts. It relieves the mind from over thinking via conventional or verbose ways. In fact it frees us to process information in a different way. I believe that it helps clarify thinking towards a more rational framework.

These days indiscriminate shooting seems often to occur in common social environments like schools and office places by seemingly normal people. Perhaps this occurs when troubled individuals can no longer cope with the social pressures they face - whether imagined or not. Still the complex world is getting to be more difficult to adjust to and perhaps technology offers a way to help. It may sound silly but blogging and visual thinking I feel have helped sort out and relieve stress from people like me.

I just thought that today I should not write about myself and my problems but allow today's entry to show support to the victims of the shootings. So much tragedy seems to have affected the US these past years. I attach a visual map I did on a book chapter about reliving stress and worry.

No comments: