Monday, April 16, 2007

Great weekend

Last week I headed towards a great weekend. The meeting with the boss man went well and he finally acknowledged the improvements that we started with release management. None of his managers were able to attend the meeting because they were busy. I met with most of them the day before and they were comfortable with the pace we were moving. I think the meeting outcome surprised both Philip and my rival as they mat have expected some fireworks.

The nagging issue on the budget was also resolve and the customer services boss and I had a phone conference with his counterpart from head office. He finally cleared the the issue by sending us the email on his discussion with the French accounting. The accountant apparently forgot to have the accounts settled last November which resulted in this mess. I think he maybe also spreading the news that I was the one at fault.

Philip is away for more than a week starting today. I have to meet some of the managers for the next round to prepare for the next release. This week will also be the deployment of the release 4.0 and we are also going live with another project. So it will be hectic. I have some tasks coming for phase 2 of the request that that are going to come. The supervisor of the old outfit is out this week for training. So I have to spend some time with the boss man's managers and staff. It's all about customer focus.

We will have another meeting with boss man this Wednesday to talk about the S project. I initiated this meeting and I invited the princess and my old boss. I think it's a good way to bring everything out on the table and plan the way ahead. I think it is a good way to clear the page and lay out all the cards. I think I may have thought that some conspiracy was afoot as the boss man was meeting some outsource agents but I finally realized in the last meeting that it was my imagination again.

I attach a picture of an artist painting on the floor of the nearby art's center. A good job I think without the rush of office work.

No comments: