Thursday, April 5, 2007

Another battle to come


I had another nasty exchange of letters with Philippe yesterday with copy furnished to all the staff in their company. I replied with some comments that their system is obsolete plus some remarks on how to improve their system performance. It was all about the slowness of their application at certain times and I gave out some general advice. My main point is that he is complaining on performance based on his suspicions while I replied based on facts I think. But I hope to have presented a fair reply rather than a subjective and emotional one.

In the back of my mind were the snake man and his colleagues initiating some moves as they had a lunch appointment with the boss man that day. Somehow I linked in my mind the mail sent out in the morning with the goal to discredit my work and the meeting of the snake and the boss man with I think an external software provider. I have a suspicion that the snake and Philip are acting behind my backs. Philippe I believe is being influenced to challenge me in an attempt to get back his influence. Admittedly I have no proof on this suspicion and the train of events had me think that there was a link.

So I reacted out of these thoughts but in fact I consciously turned down the nastiness of my reply. I had hoped to work on the principle of being fair and factual despite my inner fears which I think is a good sign that I am not reacting blindly. I also had another exchange with a colleague who is also working with me on the S project. She is also a difficult person to be with and I am not satisfied with her reactions. It also involves the boss man’s company and I think that we are not getting the correct attention. So I replied with my usual irony that she is focusing more on group project rather than local projects at our expense. I think there will be a battle soon with her team especially with my old bosses plus the snake. For my case, I may be able to bring the boss man on my side. Let’s see.

I attach a map on thinking straight.

No comments: