Monday, April 9, 2007

Budget problems

I may be heading towards a potential big issue today. Last Thursday before the Easter holidays, I had a discussion with the snake's replacement about the budget for the boss man's systems. Seems that no budget has been allocated. I remember that I did not look into this area because I thought the my rival and Philip would be in charge. The new French man who handles accounting was suppose to help as well. It seems that nothing happened as the actual man hours have gone beyond the group budget.

Now all hell can break lose if no solution to this can be found. Last year I was handling the budget for the boss man for our particular work and I worked with our counterpart in the head office who placed this under his budget in the office. We were trying to call him last week to work out this issue but he seemed to have gone out early for his holidays. I hope this has been budgeted under his overall account or we will be in a lot of trouble.

I should have placed more attention on this area. Ideally I am not responsible for this area and it is really my rival's work but this mess will really result in unplanned transitions. I should have followed-up on this point but perhaps my mind in it's wisdom prevented me from getting a more responsible role because I thought I should be minding my own business. It is now a big mess that I hope to solve today.

My next big concern is the coming meeting with the boss man. I have to finish the minutes today and place them into the work sheet. I also have the assess the time line for the S project as well. So it will be a lot of work this coming days and I need to thresh out the support concerns with the princess. I think I should prepare a lot and frame the correct questions with the princess because she is reacting emotionally.

No comments: