Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April announcement?


There is still some news that an announcement will be made at the end of this month about further restructuring. This news came from my boss and seems to concern another department. But again the rumor mill says that it will affect us. So it sent some shivers through me. I am always afraid that I will be caught unguarded and a sudden announcement affecting me will catch me by surprise. So I should always cultivate this always ready attitude that expects the worse.

I heard yesterday that Philip is away but it seems that he is afraid of his losing his job. I don't know if the story he said that he is bringing his mother on holiday is true or that he is contemplating on leaving his job. I am not aware of any incident which caused him to think like that. We are releasing a new version this week it is not the best time for him to leave. He plays a critical role in our work and I think I should make that known. Perhaps our small rivalry at work is affecting him.

The snake left last night for a few weeks training at headquarters. He is also not sure if he has a position when he comes back. All these rumors do not help in keeping a good atmosphere at work. I talked to a colleague back at the old outfit and she was afraid of losing her job. I told her that large organization usually fire the generals and not the colonels or captains who are on the ground fighting the war. She is implementing a world wide project and the result in this region is not that great so she is afraid of losing her job.

I also have some anxieties now and again especially with my recent exchange of mails with the French accountant who did not do his job. I am afraid that he may get vindictive and take revenge on me. The talk of another announcement this month has brought this all together for some minor attacks of anxiety. But I am feeling much cmore onfident and know that I can whether the outcome what ever it is. I will be meeting the boss man tomorrow for our meeting on the S project. It is my performance in his organization which I hope will save my career for the short to medium term.

Keeping my job will depend on my performance this year with the boss man so I should focus on the customer especially with his managers. This is the first time that I will be meeting more with established managers. I have often meet with young managers and their staff and this is the first time I will be working closely with top notch managers at an extended level. So it is a different type of interaction at a higher more sustained level. I attach a picture of the bay with some Chinese lanterns. A good place to walk after work to relax.

No comments: