Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hanging On

I attended a short talk on Project Management Under Uncertainty yesterday evening. The talk was delivered by a professor from INSEAD and it was well done. Introduced some good techniques called critical chain management. It was a good way to spend the evening. I also attended a series of talks from writers during the weekend. The most significant by the author Jodi Picoult. A good series to seminars that are free and easy to attend. A good way to use one's free time.

I attended the talk last night with my friend in the office. Seems there are some rumours that a few key people are leaving. If true, this opens some doors for me if I stay on I think. But should I stay on. Sometimes it feels like this is a contest of survival of the fittest. There are so many things to do that these circumstances are not helpful. So I struggle along but the decision or options should be known soon. I seem to have lost the feeling of anxiety. Maybe it's because I have been preparing myself for some time already or maybe my subconscious has detected some sign that I will be spared.

But consciously I have prepared my mind to start looking for work soon. I think the option of getting the package and starting new seems to be a good alternative as well. Something like a rebirth. Maybe this is the best option after all even if the road will be difficult for me. I am still reluctant to decide and prefer to wait for the options to be presented to me. I can't help but think that there is some sort of insidious trap being prepared for me but maybe too much thinking in my part. I think it will be couple of weeks more before the options will be presented. Really, the talk last night was a good metaphor for our present conditions.

No comments: