Thursday, September 20, 2007

Positive Start

Yesterday I met with Peter and Mary who are members of the management team of my department. Finally I am with top level people who are sincerely willing to help me with the boss man. My luck has not been very good this day's and I am losing sight of the ball in a few of my projects. I am multi-tasking and the result is not very good. This has been proven in a few studies I think. The projects I am working on are:

- boss man's data warehouse = delayed
- raw material supply chain = delayed
- planning production process = still OK
- accounting improvements = delayed but not noticed (ha ha)
- support for boss man's system = OK

SO my record is not very good lately. Been trying to delegate some work but will take some time especially with the boss man's company. But the meeting with Peter and Mary have given me hope. We worked on a presentation which we will present to the boss man. I think he will be happy with the structure and road map. More important for me, I feel that I have finally some allies in my side who will help me. People without agenda's and sinister motives and who have experienced the difficulties at work. Most of the people at work seem to prefer simple jobs that are without problems or troubles.

Admittedly most of the problems I face have been self-inflicted. These are all new experiences for me and I have tried to look at my faults and try to improve them. I guess we have learning experiences in whatever age or phase in our lives. It is a matter of being able to adapt and accept change that is important. I really have to be focused in giving the IMPRESSION that I am disciplined and structured. Sometimes what matters is to watch carefully the perception of other people.

No comments: