Monday, October 29, 2007

New Model in Place


A new structure has been put in place by Peter and Mary so the boss man will only communicate with Mary in the future. This will centralize the communication so that the message is clear and consistent. In effect, I no longer need to meet with the boss man. I can focus more on the operational side of things while Mary can focus on the tactical and strategic side. I think the boss man likes this arrangement and he has been in a good mood these past days. I hope he does not return to his usual ruthless state.

The new structure has the intended effect of reducing the politics in the department. This move was the brainchild of our CIO who accurately detected the root issues. In fact, it was not a good sight with my constant clashes with the princess and my old supervisor. Now with the new contractor working on the project plus the improvement coming in on the first phase, the project is now well under control. It is a good change coming in with the new support model applied to the boss man and Mary. It is a good change especially with the new major project coming in next year. It lays a good foundation for this major change.

Of course, I have been in the receiving end of the abuse despite all these new moves. I have no choice but to receive the punishment as I share most of the blame. But I hoped to have contributed to it's resolution by junking the old team in the Philippines with the new one in India. It was a needed sacrifice. Hopefully I can now work and focus more on the operational side of things without being distracted by the politics.

No comments: