Monday, August 8, 2022

Saturday Bike Ride

 After swimming in the early morning, I went biking with my wife and friends in a nearby park. I left early to come home to grill a chicken in my weber grill, burn coal in the chimney firestarter, and install the rotisserie over the grill. I had to prepare 3 loads of coal to keep the temperature at 300+ Fahrenheit to grill the inside of the chicken to at least 165 F. I had my usual doubts since this was only the 2nd time I used the rotisserie but the task went well.

My friends came back near noon before I finished cooking the chicken. In the end, after an hour on the grill, we decided the bake the chicken in the oven for another 15 minutes to make the insides well done. My wife cooked noodles 'bak chor mee' following the Singapore style with fish balls, minced meat, and mushrooms. We ate lunch after 1 pm when the chicken was ready from the oven.

Prior to lunch, we watched old Filipino movies in memory of an actress who died recently due to cancer. The movie was an old classic in the 70s or 80s starring a popular singer and actress who is now married to a senator. It was fun to watch these old movies which made us reminiscences of the old days in our youth when these films were popular. I used a Pixy drone camera to take videos of our gathering and posted them to our group chat.

Our get-together ended early as one of our friends had to go home to complete some work they were doing on the weekend. Perhaps it is the new swimming pool that they were talking about in past gatherings, that was scheduled to be installed in August. Recently, the couple bought another electric vehicle which is not really needed since traveling is not a constant in their life but just to get the latest car popular in the news.

Though I did not spend time biking in the park since I had to get home to grill the kitchen, I enjoyed the brief time as we had coffee and chocolate rice which was a popular breakfast meal when I was young, when eaten together with salty fried fish. We enjoyed our time together as usual and our friends brought lech flan cake, mango sago, and sticky rice for dessert.  


No comments: