Saturday, October 23, 2021

Audit BS

Yesterday I responded to a BS email from a European auditor who is a pain in the ass. The comment criticized my work as if I did not devote time and effort. I admit it was not my best output but the work was what could be produced with my workload. The email upset me as I took it personally which is my Achilles heel that results in anxiety and stress. A balanced temperament is what I should work on; to chill out and take things in stride.

I responded back to her giving a cc: copy to our overall boss who had sent me a message to reply back to the auditor. Apparently, miss uppity BS was giving her a story that I have not done anything though I did provide a draft as well as met with her many times and my immediate supervisors to discuss the deliverables. Her email pissed me off and discouraged me from working which is not what a caring colleague would do to motivate her fellow workers.  

My reply thanked her for her BS comments and I explained this was only a draft since we still have several weeks to work on the final report. I do not need these silly episodes with the labor I am doing on my major project which requires me to play several roles. I carry a big burden where I work with several teams in India, Europe, and the USA. Alas, this is is the tragedy or comedy one faces at work with episodes of exhilaration and trivial pettiness. It is the triviality and silliness in the office that will get you in the end if you don't have a sense of humor and detachment.



No comments: