Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leaving for Thailand

I am going to Thailand today to spend a week again in NongKhae. This is the final audit before going live. I am not happy with the way I worked on this project and hope to do better in the next factory deployment. I have been too distracted lately to focus on the essential tasks. I feel I am always new to a project and I have to reinvent the wheel. The situation is compounded by the new project management process as well as the reorganization. So instead of being an experienced manager, I feel like I a newbie out to learn new things again. The field has been levelled with the advantage on the young rather than the old.

I have recently finished reading Daniel Pink's 'A Whole New Mind.' It is an interesting book and I will read or study more on the books and sites recommended in the book. I feel that the insights are correct and that I could profit from following them. In fact I read the article written by the Ideo company president on design thinking. It has great relevance on the software development and deployment process. It is only now that it is talked about in the press but a fact of life in software development. The framework is applied in other non-software related fields. It likes we were a pioneer in the new age as well especially with agile development methods.

No comments: