Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's resolutions

I have been on vacation for about 3 weeks and I have been reading a lot of books to help me strategize for the new year. I am reading an excellent book 'Wikinomics' which offers a good view of the feature. The key ideas in the book is a good starting point to make a strategy for the future. Key points for next year coming from my other readings and reflections are:

1. Outsourcing
2. Global collaboration -> Looking for solutions outside the company
3. Building on core skills - interpersonal, technical
4. Finding your voice - what do you want to say -> Covey's 8th Skill
5. Learning a new skill -> growing your brain biologically
6. Define a Life Strategy

I think these are the main points to work on for next year. The specific tactical details need to be adapted or worked out on the situation on the ground. I think there are a few good works that I have read also that may be interesting to apply such as sense-making or situation awareness.

No comments: