Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Anger management


I am being teased by my friends in the office of having a short fuse. I have had at least a few recent incidents where I raised my voice during meetings in the S project. The princess remarked that I need to have a vacation. The business leader has agreed that I should go on a few weeks leave. Of course, after going live on the first phase of his project. At lunch yesterday, we were all eating together and my boss jokingly said that I seem to have anger management issues based on the feedback he hears from the princess and the business leader.

I think they are right. I guess the strain is getting to me as I am working on two major projects with demanding clients. But then again, most of the conflict is within the department and most disagreements I have had is on the steps to go forward. Sometime I feel that I am the only person talking sense. Perhaps it is because I am the oldest serving person within the team and we have different viewpoints. There is an article in one of the latest issues of the PMI magazine on handling gaps in perception. I hope this can help me when I find the time to read it.

But I guess I do need a vacation. I never had a vacation leave since the start of the year. The key on working effectively is to seek for a balance between life and work. These days I feel that I am the odd man out. So I attach a mind map on treating your self right. It is supposed to help find time from a stressed out life by doing some things you enjoy. Good to heed the advise to be fresh and continue to have the energy and sanity to fight the battles at work.

No comments: